There are various reasons why Sparring classes are beneficial to your Taekwondo training.
- First, they are a great workout and help to build stamina and endurance.
- Second, you can gain the confidence, having practiced sparring, to defend yourself in a difficult situation.
- Third, you can practice sparring techniques so that you can implement them in a match.
- Fourth, you can prepare for Full Range Sparring, which you will need to learn in order to obtain your Black Belt.
- Finally, it’s a great stress reliever!
All students, Yellow Stripe and up, can practice Light Sparring, however, Blue Belts and above should try to attend classes on a more regular basis in order to prepare adequately for future tests.
Please remember that the second half of class, during which sparring matches are held, students can rest whenever necessary remembering that our goal is to build up your stamina.
Sparring Class Attendance Requirements in order to Test:
Yellow Belt: 2 classes since last test
Green Stripe: 3 classes since last test
Green Belt: 4 classes since last test
Blue Stripe: 6 classes since last test
Blue Belt: 8 classes since last test
Red Stripe: 10 classes since last test
Red Belt: 12 classes since last test of Full Range Sparring Drills